Alex Mehr is the CEO & Co-Founder of Mentorbox, former CEO & Co-Founder Zoosk (which he sold for $300 million), and a previous NASA Scientist. He has launched over 30 products/companies. In this episode, Alex explains that no accomplishments would be possible without learning business strategies and techniques from people who were ahead of him through reading their books.
Timestamped Show Notes:
[3:06] Alex’s Upbringing
[4:58] Built-Up Hunger To Learn
[8:03] Making Information Simple And Easy For People To Have
[12:56] Changing Perspectives On Books
[18:05] Advancing People To A New Lense
[22:38} Taking Books To A Low Investment With A Higher Value
[27:04] Making Businesses Successful
[40:03] Going From Failure To Failure With No Lack Of Enthusiasm
[48:09] Using Influence To Positively Make An Impact
- Use all the available resources and knowledge surrounding you to your advantage.
- Books have an amazing value that people need to experience. You need a knowledge base, you can’t experience it all on your own.
- If copper does not turn into gold, you have to change something.
- The key is to experiment very often and fail quickly and silently.
- People have a fear of failure because they tie their self worth to the thing they are doing.
- Influence causes impact.
Grab your copy of The Modern Day Businessman: Success Without Sacrifice